Monday, January 21, 2013

Prayer, by Frank Benavidez, Community Poetry Circle



Prayer

As i watched myself through anothers eyes I contemplated, shall i bow or kneel today?
He would not tell me

The candle wick burning in its splendor, Elation gripping me, bumble bees buzzing around me.
I hear his voice, i see his face
Yet i don't know where to begin

Crushed yet not defeated, i speak,
Only inside my head, racing thoughts,
I stop them like a roulette, focus
on one thought alone

Like a flaming arrow pointed at my heart I have no time to ponder, frozen in time My prayer is sent, forget me not.

Stay calm, hear myself breathing.
Move swiftly and deflect my worrisome thought.
Waiting for an answer. A chuckle or a sigh, Anything to break this moment

Days go by. Prayer forgotten yet never lost.
Hope knocking as loud as the woodpecker
at his work. Prayer is answered

Gratitude without question.
Prayer becomes praise
The pleasant sound of cheer ringing
in my head.

Cant explain it all, i can only move ahead and remember the best times of my life were when all time seemed to stop And his focus was on me

--Frank Benavidez

No comments:

Post a Comment