Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cloud Nine, Group Poem at MAH Poetry & Book Arts



Cloud Nine

I come from a drop of water whipped from the San Francisco Bay.
I was whipped out of a drop of ink from a Crayola Washable Marker.
I was born in Israel, but grew up in London, my art and my writing grateful.
In San Francisco, I saw a sea lion in a drop of ink floating on a cloud on its way to London.
I shouted from my mother’s womb, let me out, swivel summer New Jersey fall, not to return there and wait.
I come from the whisper of a ghost’s wings and to that I shall return.
In between I’ll write and love and move my body from Toronto to San Francisco, Why not?
I come from the Michigan dunes, on the fence of a gluttony vacation. I’m going to wood ash with a Manchester tan, a jungle thief on an oceanic journey of pain.
I come from the tip of a mountain and entered the lens of your telescope – Now I am you or a part of you and I’m with you and go everywhere you go! We are inseparable.
I come from Wonder to visit Mystery.
I came from a child’s imagination. I’m on the way to make those visions come true.
Another year lies ahead of us. A blank canvas for you to behold, all for us to mold.
I walk from a winter desert into an opening and healing.
I was the innermost figure in a Russian nesting doll set and have grown to embrace the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment