Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Let Me Tell You About the Wild, by Leah Lubin




Let Me Tell You About the Wild, by Leah Lubin
 
Out there alone when we are together,
you ask me continuously about my personal truth.

“Which part are you interested in?” I inquire. 
“The wild side”, I hear you say.

“Are you sure?” 
If so, let me tell you about the wild. 

It needs certain elements to be involved: 
Like rock and roll. 
Mary Jane’s greenest herbs. 
Good food that inspires. 
Great tea or even Hawaiian coffee. 
But most of all, the right people have to be included.

OK.  I understand.  So then, what happens? 
Well, a door opens. 
I become myself, but more real. 
I say what I want. 
Do what I want. 
Make things happen.

“Is rock the only form of music involved?” you ask. 
No, no. 
Reggae, hip hop, rap, jazz, blues, and country all invited. 
“So, let’s go”, you say. 
Coming, I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment