Monday, February 6, 2012

Peace, Rose Myers

Peace

This year the resolutions
will not be set adrift,
As though they were going
nowhere, or somewhere.

Simplicity and clarity
is my goal.
And there will be more than one,
if I can think of them.

There’s a canister on the
kitchen counter.
Can it hold my resolves, my goals,
one by one.

I’ll begin with chocolate,
the good kind especially.
Is it possible to fast a year?
Maybe just on Saturdays.

I know what else, those photos of
babies, big kids, all in boxes.
This year I’ll sort them, or
maybe just box them smaller.

Learn to do poetry, now that’s a chore,
Not something you can purchase at the store.
I wonder if it will be a bore.

Like grains of sand, my resolutions flow,
Into that canister they go,
No one will ever know.

Maybe they are best left there,
They will be kept unspoken, unbroken.
And I will be at peace,
‘Till next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment