Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Something Someone Taught Us, Rodney Warren, June 10, 2011

The music of how we feel as the sun falls.
Aka celestial spectacles


Words flow freely from my pen
Without discipline or purpose

After getting prompted from the muse I find
Structure and logic falling into the words on the page
Much like the music I feel as I witness the sun fall at the end of day

The reds, yellows, and mauve shades
Listen to the global sigh
In anticipation of the approaching blanket of night

With my mind trained on the memory of this spectacle of light and color
I abandon myself to the darkness of the night
Knowing, as I have learned to know
That tomorrow the light will return

Faith is like that...
Knowing that the light will return
And my artistic spirit will wait further
For the return of the falling sun
With new celestial spectacles
Ever changing
Yet always faithful to return
Return new
Always new

Can we be prescribed
Such spectacles from our optometrist?
Thankfully no
This is a gift for the living
Given freely by the Great Creator
Faithfully orchestrated on a daily basis
For all that care to witness it's splendor

No comments:

Post a Comment